Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Venue... But NOT!

Sorry I haven't been posting! But straight to the point....

Today, Babe and I had an appointment at The Venue, a club in downtown Houston. I was SO hype about it because the pictures online looked great. The price is only $3500 for the full 11,000 square foot building AND the DJ. So, we got there. We had to pay to park since it is a weekday, and it was during business hours. I like the place on the inside. It has 2 bars, lounge seating, and the option to move some of the furniture out and put up tables and chairs. They have 9 flat screen TVs, and a HUGE projection screen that we can use for whatever. AND since it's a club, they have all the lighting anyone would want!

Problem 1: I would either have to have my ceremony somewhere else {like Discovery Green} or have my ceremony and reception in the same room. I DON'T want the all in one room thing.

Problem 2: PARKING! Ok, I want a Sunday wedding, so metered parking is FREE! But, there is a parking garage that is pricey and there's a parking lot that might be $5. Or we could pay $10/car for valet. That's NOT gonna work for me! So, Babe said the parking is an issue. You know {Black} people are not gonna wanna pay to park, even if we ARE feeding them. Dude, it's DOWNTOWN HOUSTON, get over it! UGH!

So, this evening we went to The House of Blues, which is also in downtown Houston. The place just had bad vibes. It was like evil spirits in there. I felt so out of place. We were in the members only part and it just felt like the cops would come in at any minute and raid the place for some type of illegal activity! If the place didn't have those spirits, it would have been a very nice venue, though.

OH, and THEN I found out today that The Admiral on Clear Lake is booked on my day. UGH!

Needless to say, today was a pretty stressful day! I'm back at square one! Maybe I can change the date and do The Admiral. IDK.

Well, time to lay it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment