Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Perfect Place!

Babe and I totally forgot about our meeting with the venue on Monday, so we rescheduled for today. I don't think I've said this on my blog yet, {I could be wrong} but we found another venue! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Shady Oaks, but things happen. Here's what happened.

Babe told me that we should go back and revisit Brady's Landing just to compare the price to that of Shady Oaks. I was cool with that. So, one Wednesday, after getting my hair done, I went up to Brady's. I spoke with the lady we met with when we first went there. {Brady's was the first venue we ever looked at.} When I got there, she told me she is retiring in December. I was like, "Where are you going?! You going to travel?" She then told me that she was opening her own wedding facility. GET THIS: It's in DOWNTOWN HOUSTON! Ok, so she tells me that we can go see it that Saturday. We went and we were in L-O-V-E!!! We left with a general price, but no set numbers. That sucks when you're trying to plan a wedding, right?!

Fast forward to today. We went back and I'm still in L-O-V-E!!! Here are some pictures of the venue. The venue's name is Column-A and they will be having their first event on this Sunday!

This is the front entrance. I didn't want to run across the street to get a full picture. {Remember... downtown Houston!}


These are the doors after you enter the building. The doors to the reception rooms and restrooms. At the top will say Column-A.


This is the seating area that's to the right of the entry way. It's before you go through the previous doors. {It's right outside of the ceremony space.}


Doors to the ceremony.


The ceremony space. {Sorry, the lights were not on, and IDK where the switches were.}


The ceiling and chandelier.


Doors to The Venus Room, my reception room.


The Venus Room and its dance floor!




The little bridge. {New plants coming soon.}




The restrooms. {Men's on top, women's on bottom}



Mini mock set up.



Our dance floor. Babe was showing me how I could walk down the aisle... he thinks that dance floor is bigger than the other one that we'll get married on. And he figured they could use the partition wall and make it a room for the ceremony. Then open it later. NAH!


Ok, enough with the pictures. Let's talk about why I'm loving this place so much. My venue will be providing EVERYTHING except for the cake, photographer, and videographer. Here is everything I'll be getting {for 100 ppl}: The ceremony room with floral arrangements and chairs with chair covers, the reception room, tables and chairs, linens and chair covers with sashes and napkins, centerpieces which will be limes in tall vases and calla lilies, glass plates, silverware, and glasses. Also, I will have a plated meal of salad, chicken Alfredo with the chicken kabobs, two vegetables, and juice. I will also have all my flowers, cake table, candy buffet, DJ, and valet parking.

ALL THIS FOR... under $10,000!!!

Needless to say, I'm super excited about this place! And I'm glad to officially end the venue hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment