Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

You're Invited

So, I've been looking for a graphic designer for my invitations. I've gotten quotes from $20-$150 just to design my invitations and RSVP cards. Last night, I decided that I would give it one more try. So, this morning, I got on Publisher and sized the paper to the size it needed to be for my invitations. {Glad I figured out how.} Then I designed two invitations, one portrait and one landscape. I emailed them to Babe so he could tell me which one he liked. We agreed on one. So, I started playing with printing it. I was printing it on 8x11 paper. So, it was printing in the middle of the page.
The font I used as a design wasn't printing out. I copied it to paint and pasted it back to Publisher, so it printed. THEN I had to play with the color of the design. Finally got that right. So, I tried to print it on my 6.5x4.5 paper from Cards and Pockets. It wasn't coming out right... PISSED!

FINALLY, I figured out how to tell the computer/printer what size paper I was using and it came out great!!! So, my invitations are designed! Now, I just have to buy some ribbon for a real mock up. But here's a pic I took.



It looks crooked because it's not glued together. And the font design looks like I was running out of ink, but that's how it looks... so I might change that.

It says:
A friendship that was shared by two
has turned into a love so true
please share our joy as we
TAB & BJG
exchange wedding vows
and begin our new life together.

So glad to have this done! Now, maybe I should order my save the dates! Speaking of save the dates, I should post them on here! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment