Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Boxed In

I've been searching for paper mache boxes for quite some time, now! I've been to about 3 Joann's looking for them, but they only seem to sell them on their website. {That's dumb!} Michael's only had really little ones. Hobby Lobby never had the sizes that I wanted. So, I started to get really angry! So, today, I took my aunt's dog to the vet to get his shots. I had to leave him there, and there's nothing to do in that area so I drove to Baytown to check Babe's P.O. box.

I'd been waiting on my swatch from Henkaa to come, and it finally arrived!!! I like the shade of navy blue that they have. I will inform my bridesmaids probably tomorrow that they are clear to order their dresses!

Back to real matters:
While in Baytown, I stopped by their Hobby Lobby. What a great call on my part! THEY HAD THE BOXES!!! I bought 3. None were on sale, nor did I have a coupon, but I only spent about $14. I'm ok with that. I'm going to wait to have a coupon to buy my acrylic paint, which is on sale now for 25% off... so I MIGHT go get it.

I think I'm going to paint the boxes navy and lime, 2 navy, 1 lime. On the navy ones, I think I will add the same lime ribbon from the invitations and add navy ribbon to the lime one. Or I might decorate them some way and use the wide ribbon to tie into a bow at the top. I don't know what I'm going to do exactly. We'll see.

Here's a pic of how I think I want the boxes to be stacked.


Well, I do plan for them to be centered! LOL! I actually want a bigger square box for the bottom, but I can't find one. I hope I end up finding one because I have a GREAT idea for the large bottom box!

2 comments:

  1. See you always find the deal. Congrats on that can't wait to see the finished product I know it will be HOT! Don't laugh at me I never thought to paint a box I was going to cover mine in fabric lol at me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, there was no deal! lol. I thought about fabric, but that would probably irritate me! I have something up my sleeve for my card box, too!

    ReplyDelete